Tailored Acquisition Portal™
Improving program-contracting collaboration via a tailored acquisition portal
The acquisition process can run much more effectively and smoothly if program offices and contracting organizations are “on the same page.”
- But how do you ensure that everyone is clear on the process, the next steps, and “who does what”… particularly when there are so many aspects of the acquisition process that are uniquely detailed to how your agency does business?
- How do you ensure that all stakeholders have the right information to ensure that minimal time is wasted, requirements are sufficiently planned and documented, and that any “lessons learned” from previous protest decisions are taken into consideration?
ASI’s Tailored Acquisition Portal™ (TAP) addresses this need head-on by helping to “Bridge the Gap” between these two communities. This web-enabled knowledge management and process flow tool—customized to address your agency’s unique environment and processes—provides a broad array of guidance and recommended practices covering the entire acquisition lifecycle.
TAP is a SharePoint-based, “semi-packaged, semi-custom” consulting solution that guides acquisition and program professionals through both the acquisition process and the agency’s business process, embedding tools and links along the way. ASI consultants work with your agency to tailor the solution to mirror the business processes and acquisition lifecycle of your agency, providing templates, examples, forms, checklists, online training, and other resources to support IPT members throughout the complete “Big A” Acquisition process. Because users operate inside a process flow environment that guides and prompts them along the way, the entire process becomes more efficient and effective.
With easy access to process, samples, and recommended best practices—ensuring everyone is “on the same page”—Integrated Project Teams (IPTs) spend less time searching for information and more time driving results. By providing robust feedback mechanisms that offer a forum for acquisition teams to ask questions, clarify policy, improve content, and ensure the quality of acquisition and contractual documents, TAP also enhances communication and collaboration among contract and program management teams.
The TAP Advantage
- Reduces the cost and time to execute contract awards and modifications
- Improves the management of programs and contracts throughout the lifecycle
- Shortens acquisition cycle time
- Decreases rework
- Improves requirements development
- Enhances communication and collaboration among IPT members
With TAP, one agency realized a near 90% decrease in pre-solicitation compliance review holds and increased the professional dialogue between acquisition team members and the Agency acquisition and contracting policy office by nearly 50%.